Beverage Container Recycling Network of Canada (BCRNC) / Réseau canadien des recyclage de contenants de boissons (RCRCB), recognize the privacy concerns of visitors to our web site at www.recyclingnetwork.ca (our “Site”) and the importance of protecting the privacy of any personal information collected about our visitors. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect any personal information (such as name, address, or e-mail address) from visitors to our Site. The type of information that we may collect is non-personal information used to optimize our web pages for visitors’ computers (for example, the identity of their Internet browsers, the type of operating system they use, and the domain name(s) of their Internet service provider). We may also use non-personal information to determine the total number of visitors to our Site.
We only collect personal information about visitors to our Site when visitors knowingly and voluntarily submit the information and only in accordance with applicable privacy legislation which sets out rules on how organizations can collect, use and disclose people’s personal information. Whenever we do collect such information, the following applies:
- We will notify you when we are collecting personal information, and will let you know the intended use of the information.
- We will only use personal information for the purposes that were disclosed at the time of collection as the purpose for the collection, or for uses consistent with those purposes.
- We will not transfer personal information to third parties, except as required or authorized under the (Federal) Personal Information and Protection of Electronic Documents Act or the (British Columbia) Personal Information Privacy Act as may be applicable, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may use the collected information to respond to your specific requests for information or services.
- We may also use collected information in aggregate form without personal identifiers, such as how many times our Site is visited, what pages or search terms are requested most and what domain names visitors are coming from, to make our Site better and more responsive to our visitors' needs. This statistical compilation of non-identifiable information tracks Site activity overall rather than on an individual level and may be used by BCRNC/RCRCB or be provided to others for marketing, advertising, or research purposes.
- BCRNC/RCRCB comply with applicable privacy laws by maintaining safeguards, through technology and corporate policies and processes, to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of such information.
- BCRNC/RCRCB may send to individuals, from time to time, email or other communications containing information about BCRNC/RCRCB and offers, promotions or other information which it believes may be of interest to them, as well as to respond to their inquiries and enhance and their use of our Site. Individuals who prefer not to receive this type of information are asked to please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Links to other websites
This Site may be linked to other websites within our organization, or to websites operated by others. BCRNC/RCRCB are not responsible for the content or practices of third-party web sites that may be linked to or from this site and encourages visitors to review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of all websites which they visit.